Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tom Bugboy DeLay Resigns


© 2006 Com•Log•ic

To explain the text in the comic, Bugboy is talking about his Mugshot.


Poor, Poor Bugboy, the "Librls" driving him from office. Of course this doesn't have anything to do with his former deputy chief of staff, Tony Rudy's pleading guilty Friday to conspiracy and promising to help with an investigation of bribery and lobbying fraud that has already netted three convictions and sparked calls for ethics reform in Congress.
Rudy faces up to five years in prison but could receive much less based on the extent of his help with the investigation.
More of article here:
Yahoo News

If only he had been a better Christian this wouldn't have happened. You know just because someone calls themselves a christian doesn't necessarily make it so. I do not believe Tom Bugboy DeLay is anymore a christian than Madeline Murray O'Hare. He knows to push his and the Repubs agenda all they have to do is pretend to be christians. It's really easy to drum up support by creating a feeding frenzy against tolerance. I learned when I was growing up that Jesus taught tolerance. So, why would the sheeple be so easily led astray?

I went to the Vision America and I must admit I couldn't stomach what they are up to, which from what I did notice is they are getting preachers to attend seminars to teach preachers how to influence their sermons to push a Repub agenda. It's pretty alarming to witness this kind of influence to a bunch of people who never question anything.

Time's interview on Bugboy's resignation
Time
Washington Post article
Washington Post


Vision America has joined other organizations to promote The Values Voters’ Contract with Congress: A Declaration of American Renewal, found at valuesvoter.org. We feel the ten components of the contract are imperative to preserve our nation. They promote family, life, liberty, and moral, fiscal and civic restraint.


Vision America

Civic Restraint, what the hell does that mean?
Sounds to me like the IRS should seek an investigation into the churches involvement into the political areana. They should also start taxing the churches for their involvement in our elections!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home