Mrs. Donald Rumsfeld Knew About the Conditions at Walter Reed Hospital!

© 2007
I guess Joyce had other concerns than bother the public about the abusive conditions our soldiers were and are put through while under the care of our government. Perhaps she was more concerned about her husband's job than she was about the injuried soldiers that her husband is responsible for sending them into battle without proper equipment and in some cases training. I mean why should she care whether or not the troops are provided a clean place to heal.
When I learned that soldiers were having to travel great distances to get treatment, I wondered Why isn't there some sort of transportation such as golf carts?
The GOP continued to cut funds for the returning soldiers as well as the soldiers still serving. But of course only the democratics and liberals don't support the troops. At least that is what the GOP wants everyone to believe...
One last thing, the troops are being punished now for speaking out about their living conditions. Go Figure, Right?!?!?!?!?
WaPo
Last October, Joyce Rumsfeld, the wife of then-Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, was taken to Walter Reed by a friend concerned about outpatient treatment. She attended a weekly meeting, called Girls Time Out, at which wives, girlfriends and mothers of soldiers exchange stories and offer support.
According to three people who attended the gathering, Rumsfeld listened quietly. Some of the women did not know who she was. At the end of the meeting, Rumsfeld asked one of the staff members whether she thought that the soldiers her husband was meeting on his visits had been handpicked to paint a rosy picture of their time there. The answer was yes.
When Walter Reed officials found out that Rumsfeld had visited, they told the friend who brought her -- a woman who had volunteered there many times -- that she was no longer welcome on the grounds.
Last week, the Army relieved of duty several low-ranking soldiers who managed outpatients. This week, in a move that some soldiers viewed as reprisal for speaking to the media, the wounded troops were told that early-morning room inspections would be held and that further contact with reporters is prohibited.
This is a link I found interesting.
americasupportsyou
"Nothing is too good" for America's military, Mrs. Rumsfeld told the ASY volunteers later at the summit meeting at the America's Society building. "I love that I got the chance to be with you," she said.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home