Redefining Torture Part1

© 2005 Com•Log•ic
It is unfortunate that I would have to dig out those pictures from Abu Ghraib, but I think it reminds us of the horrors that occurred there. These are the kinds of practices the president and vice president are recommending to lawmakers, to exempt the CIA from the Geneva Conventions.
What kind of signal is that sending out to the rest of the world?
If our country condones this type of behavior, does that mean that the gloves are off and anyone will be able to use torture as a method of extracting information?
Will this act have consequences that will encourage the terrorist to attack us, kind a like an open invitation to terror?
Should we redefine Christianity, to be more acceptable to charlatans?
Would Jesus condone that type of behavior?
Wasn't his teachings about love of man, and tolerance?
Was I wrong about all that?
I suppose time will tell what the final outcome of this invasion will have on the rest of the world. We will also have to wait to see what kind of an impact it will have on our psyches. As a nation that claims to have morals and values, I am appalled at the attitudes of our leadership.
more to come


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home