Lying Eyes Are Watching You

© 2006 Com•Log•ic
Google has declared that it will fight the good fight in protecting their databases against the White House request to harvest the search engines files.
I say good for you Google for standing up for our First Amendments rights.
However it is troubling that Yahoo and MSN, didn't find the request as intrusive to our freedom of unreasonable searches.
After all Yahoo gave the Chinese records they requested and now a journalist is in prison because of their cooperation. Way to go Yahoo.
Should we be worried about having an account with Yahoo?
The government tells Yahoo to jump, and they ask how high.
I guess the most interesting thing about the whole ordeal is the statement "the Bush Administration is trying to prove that internet filters do not do an adequate job of preventing children from accessing online pornography and other objectionable destinations."
What would they consider "objectionable destinations"?
Anyone doing research on the "war on drugs", the history of hemp cultivation, medical marijuana?
I'm sure that would be considered a high possibility.
Times Online UK


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home