Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

© 2006 Com•Log•ic
I'm ready to leave-I push the fact in front of me
Facts lost-Facts are never what they seem to be
Nothing there!-No information left of any kind
Lifting my head-Looking for danger signs
There was a line/There was a formula
Sharp as a knife/Facts cut a hole in us
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
© Talking Heads
On the January 16 edition of CNN's The Situation Room, conservative columnist Frank J. Gaffney Jr. made the claim that had President Bush attempted to obtain warrants for electronic surveillance of U.S. persons, as required by the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), he would have "tipp[ed] off our enemies" to the fact the U.S. government was spying on them. In fact, because the proceedings of the FISA court are secret, it is unlikely that any attempt to secure warrants through the court would have, as Gaffney suggested, "tipp[ed] off our enemies."
Additionally, noted conservative legal scholar Bruce Fein, who served as deputy attorney general for President Reagan, called the Bush administration's conduct of the domestic spying program in "secrecy," as well as the administration's "flagrant contempt for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act ... shocking to me." On the January 16 edition of C-SPAN's Washington Journal, Fein stated:
FEIN: The statement made that Al Qaeda didn't know that we were eavesdropping and if we disclosed that we in fact were undertaking this kind of counterintelligence collection is absurd on its face. The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which endows the president with comparable powers if he's thought to utilize them, already had signaled all of our enemies for some 27 years that we were engaged in this kind of activity. And the fact of the secrecy and the clear and flagrant contempt for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act was quite shocking to me.
Apparently, the Bush Regime and his enablers within the GOP, don't understand our Constitution. Perhaps that is the main reason we are facing a Constitutional Crisis.
Thanks to Media Matters for watching our backs and keeping the Corporate Media in check!
Media Matters


2 Comments:
You just quoted an awesome song from one of my favorite albums of all time! And words that are far more fitting for 2006 than 1980. Thanks for the memories.
Glad to be of service, now dig out that old album and give it a spin. There's a spin I can get behind ;-P.
I agree about the lyrics being a little more fitting for these "Strange Days Indeed".
I've been considering adding more lyrics to my commentaries, wasn't sure about it though, but you've given me a reason too!
Thanks for your input...
Post a Comment
<< Home