Another One Bites The Dust

© 2005 Com•Log•ic
So, I did nothing wrong is pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery and fraud, and tax evasion.
In court documents, prosecutors said Cunningham admitted receiving at least $2.4 million in bribes paid in a variety of forms, including checks totaling over $1 million, cash, antiques, rugs, furniture, yacht club fees and vacations.
Among other things, prosecutors said, Cunningham was given $1.025 million to pay down the mortgage on his Rancho Santa Fe mansion, $13,500 to buy a Rolls-Royce and $2,081 for his daughter's graduation party at a Washington hotel.
Well, Well, Well, the "Dukester" seems to have a problem with honesty. But his quote below is a real knee slapper,
"The truth is I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my office," the 63-year-old Republican said at a news conference. "I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, most importantly, the trust of my friends and family."
He says he will forfeit his reputation, he thinks he still has a reputation.
As the Hypocrite hippo says, OY
Yahoo News
Salon
Think Progress


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home