Fond Memories of Christmas?

© 2005 Com•Log•ic
"There's a lot of emotion -- and I can hear it in your voice too, [caller]. There's a lot of emotion tied into Christmas. You know why? Because it's our earliest Christmas memories. You know, I have a memory of me sitting on my stairs in my Levittown house, four rooms, and looking at this Christmas tree about 5:30 in the morning, my parents were still asleep, my sister was still asleep. And I just stood -- I just sat on the stairs and stared at that Christmas tree with all the gifts underneath. That is one of my earliest memories; maybe I was three, maybe four. OK? And I -- it was such a magical time for me as a child. It was just magic. The whole thing was magical. I never felt better as a kid than I did at Christmas time. I loved everything about Christmas. And I submit to you that 80 percent of Americans feel the way that I do. All right? That they just remember as a child the joy the season brought."..... Bill O'Reilly
Why would O'Reilly want to cause a division in our country over a manufactured outrage?
What would be the purpose of causing a division, except to cause more hatred between liberals and conservatives?
What motivates O'Reilly to cause Americans to hate one another?
Does that make him a happy man to cause a hatred between his fellow Americans?
Is this manufactured outrage just his way of filling his programs with nothing news worthy?
Could it be he is only trying to focus our attention on his manufactured outrage this so called "War on Christmas", so we will forget about the real war that real people are dying in?
What would Jesus think of his behavior?
Do you think Jesus would be pleased that some slime-ball is using "His Name" as a leverage to drive a wedge further into our divided country?
The quote attributed to O'Reilly at the beginning of the post, clearly is a classic example of someone who never really understood the true meaning of Christmas. I don't think his memories are worth keeping.
When I was only six my Sunday school teacher told his pupils there was no such thing as Santa Claus. At that very moment I realized that God=Santa= Fairy-tale Fantasy-land.
After all, I had kind of equated the two as being equal as I recall some of my earliest memories.
They both had the power to reward you or punish you.
They both had the power to know if you were bad or good.
They both had the power to see everything you were doing.
They both had long white hair and long white beards (or so I was told).


2 Comments:
They hate us for our free time.
Sonia
O'Lielly whined:
"There is no reason on this earth that all of us cannot celebrate a public holiday devoted to generosity, peace, and love together."
-Yes Bill, that's right. We were peacefully enjoying this holiday until you barged in and interrupted our celebration, hollering about your delusions.
"And anyone who tries to stop us from doing it is gonna face me."
-Try looking in a mirror.
Post a Comment
<< Home